June 23, 2009

Dinky Pick-up Lines OR Come Here Often?

Is it hot in here or is it just you?

Loves a bitch, so theres no way Im attempting a difinitive guide…even though I know all the secrets. .. owing to my inpenetrable wisdom.

In time, young grasshoppers.


Instead I offer you a dinky little look into the world of pick-up lines…





El Lamo –

  • If I said you had a great body, would you hold it against me?
  • Are you lost? Because heaven is a long way from here.
  • Do you have any Italian/English/Guatamalen/Whatever in you… Do you want some?
  • Your dress would look great on the floor next to my bed.

The worst I ever heard has stayed with me from adolescence. Expressed in the exquisite bastardisation of the English language that goes on in wilderness of the western suburbs of Sydney (and no doubt elsewhere in Australia) where thinking becomes finking and it all sounds like it is coming from a mouth stuffed full of cotton wool. It was from such a furry teenage mouth that the cry "You are my darling and this is our Harbour!" was directed at my best friend as we strolled through the iconic landmark one Saturday night. Other localised attempts here including the classic "I'd love to didgeridoo you"


Call to action -
The main problem with this Casanovas effort was the lack of a "call to action" to use marketing lingo. Naturally there was some implication but its too easy to shrug lines like this off. Like the Italians catcalling to female pedestrians bellissimaaaaaa! she will just walk by nonchalently or blushing furiously, depending on the girl. (FYI to do otherwise would be taken as a huge come on and you could expect to be stalked 10 blocks by amorous male.) Nice shoes… wanna f*@k was doing the rounds when I was younger. Complement + call to action + vaguely amusing in downright bluntness. I have never known it to work, though.

Breeder Tactics - Michael Douglas pick-up line for Madame Zeta-Jones made headline news when it was revealed. He went for the controversial breeder tactic and started talkin babies. Catherine told Tarts that when she first met the old codger, "Straight away he was very direct that he wanted to be the father of my children. So that was it..." Nothing like a tug at the phantom umbilical cord to get the biological ticker going!


The Game –
The game just cracks me up. Bahahahahahahhha. Honestly, I know so many single blokes who swear by it because it gave them the strategies to bed one decent girl. If you dont know about it, best be informed. Its this book subtitled Penetrating the Secret Society of Pick-up Artists an apparently true story where the author is turned from a hopeless dud with women to suave pick up master after meeting a secret society of experts. Please, read more about the dumbess here . The man who invented many of the techniques lines his eyes with kohl, does magic tricks and calls this "peacocking". I dont know about the pea part…

Think Outside the…ehem…Box - Weird Al Yankovic put some classics and some personal innovations to music in his song "Wanna B Ur Lovr"

Your eyes are even bluer
Than the water in my toilet

Your face is real symmetrical
And your nostrils are so nice
I wish that I was cross-eyed, girl
So I could see you twice


Say, has anyone ever told you
You've got Yugoslavian hands?
No, of course not, that would be stupid
Just forget I ever brought it up

I wanna be your beef burrito
Am I making this perfectly clear?
I wanna be your love torpedo
Are you picking up the subtle innuendo here?



Its all a bit cheesy and sleazy but be honest, if youve made your mind up one way or another does it really matter what they say?

2 comments:

  1. Well of course in England the joke was:

    Bondi Beach Kev is strolling past a likely looking sheila
    "Hey you wanna f**k?"
    "Aw Kev you can't get round me with your sweet talk!"

    ReplyDelete